PDF Graded Size Layered Dress Block (6-24)
About our Block
- Remember the NCUB rule: never cut up the block. Simply trace the correct size
- Blocks do not include seam allowances. Add seam allowances to your finished patterns
- Drafted for use with woven, non-stretch fabrics
- Graded from a UK size 6 to 24
- Reduce the position of the true bust point by 2 - 3cm for a softer less pointed silhouette
- Includes a front and back dress block
- Includes a straight one-piece sleeve
- The block includes a 5cm ease allowance
From Block to Pattern
The block pattern is the starting point for creating perfectly fitting clothes. With it you can create patterns for tops, dresses, jackets and coats; manipulate darts to create design lines, add fullness in the form of tucks, gathers and drapes; formulate collars and various neckline designs, and create one-piece or two piece sleeves. It is used as the basis for all adaptations and is traced by pencil or wheel onto pattern cutting paper to produce the working pattern.
This second working pattern is used to mark out basic style lines and design features. Any sections that are applied to the working pattern can be traced off and worked on for further adaptation. The third and final pattern is the finished pattern that is used to cut out your garment. This pattern will display all the relevant terminology and includes notches and drill hole markings.
Our block is downloadable as a single PDF file which contains:
- A0 copy shop PDF file
- A4 print at home PDF file. x 29 pages. Please print at 100%
- A set of half scale dress and sleeve blocks x 5 pages
The contents of this pattern (including illustrations, photographs, diagrams & instructions) are protected by copyright law and belong exclusively to Armour&KindLTD. You may use this pattern for domestic purposes only. Garments made and sold commercially from the patterns are prohibited. No part of this pattern may be reproduced or resold for commercial gain.